Friday, October 10, 2014




TASK #46

November 13th--November 20th

Dance Fever

Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.  George Carlin

In my lifetime I have avoided dancing at all costs. Why? First, It's too "public", which translates to "I don't want to look bad in public". Second, white males, of which I am one, are the butt of dancing jokes, which also means that I don't want to look bad in public. Three, dancers, in my experience, are peacocks. 

That being said, on the rare occasion that I'm been coerced to dance, or too drunk to resist the urge, I have had a lot of fun. 

But rare occasions by definition are rare and I bet there's been stretches of five years or more between my feet have met the dance floor. 

Recently, however, when I was home alone, I put on some music while I was working on the computer. The song: Kiss, by Prince. 

First my shoulders started to move, then my arms, and within a few minutes I was up and shaking my thing across the living room floor. And I let it loose…

When the song was over I put on another, and another, and danced til I was dripping. And it felt good.

TASK:

Wait 'til you're alone, put on something that moves you, and dance like a fool. Nobody's going to see you and nobody's going to judge you.

Get funky. 



Comments: joedoebula@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment