Friday, October 10, 2014





TASK #21

May 20th--27th

Womb with a View

"A single sentence will suffice for the modern man: he fornicated and he read the newspapers".   Albert Camus

Continuing on the mother theme. When I was growing up my mother did everything for me. She cooked, made my bed, cleaned up after me, did my laundry, made all the difficult phone calls, made sure I was where I was supposed to be. I was "wombed" big time.

Needless to say I was unprepared for college, let alone life after college. So what kind of girlfriends do you think I pursued? Ones that were like my mother of course. They took care of everything for me!

It was a mistake. I was a big baby: nurtured and incubated.

It was a weakness, and it only got exacerbated when I got older and starting liking women who didn't want men that they had to take care of...

So I had to teach myself to be self-sufficient. I chose five tasks--five tasks that I had NEVER done before--and I taught myself how to do them.

The five tasks I chose for myself: 1) baking cupcakes; 2) sewing up a patch on a rip on my jeans; 3) planting tomatoes; 4) cooking a dinner for five friends; 5) shopping for a wedding gift for a friend.

I screwed them all up one way or the other, but what the hell? I learned. Then I branched out. I looked at the chores that I paid others to do for me and I tried them myself. I changed my own oil, I put up some drywall, I washed my car.


TASK:

Look at the things that other people, especially women, do for you. Write them down. Pick 5 and do them yourself. Take you time and finish each one.

Let me know what you did this week. JoeDoebula@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment