Friday, October 10, 2014

Fifty Two Tasks








FIFTY TWO TASKS

You want to be a better man? Start by getting honest with yourself.   JD

My name is Joe Doe
. It's not really my name, but my real name doesn't matter. I'm an ordinary man: not too tall, too short, too smart, or too stupid. I've been flush with cash and I've been stone cold broke. I've slept in 5 star hotels and I've slept in my car. If you passed me on the street you probably wouldn't notice me at all. I have lived, as most American men do, in a cluster of anonymity.

Like most men, I get up, strap it on and slog through the work day; then I go home, eat something, drink my gin, climb into bed and do it all over again the next day.

A few years ago I looked in a mirror and I saw a beat-down man who know longer laughed, no longer cried; a man who'd lost his passion for life. All the cool, quirky parts of me were gone, worn away by stress and strife.
                           
I needed to re-invent myself. Or, to be more honest, I needed to find myself. 
                         
So I looked in the mirror again. This time I tried to be absolutely honest about what I saw.    
                           
That became Task #1. Over the next few years I created other tasks. I divided them up into 3 types: one, tasks that would help me clean up the emotional clutter I had piled up over the years; two, tasks to help me re-discover the fun of being a part of the male gender; and last, tasks to help me become a man for others. 
                                         
This blog lists 52 of those tasks. One to be accomplished every week for a year.  

Give them a shot. Good luck.  
                
Notes: 

Start with the task that corresponds with today's 
date. You'll find it by pressing 2014 on the upper right hand side and work your way back.  

If you like, send me your stories. I want to hear them
ALL. 

Questions? Comments? Sure you do.
                 
Send them to:
JoeDoeBula@gmail.com

HAVE FUN. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR 
JOURNEY.  Joe. 


2 comments:

  1. I like your list of a real man and wonder if some men really do get offended after reading that last line on your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope not, and if they are, I hope they tell me why. It's all about digging around for the truth. Thanks for the comment. Joe

    ReplyDelete